Join us for 108 sun salutations and meditation on September 29th at 10 a.m.
This event is non-heated.
Why 108 sun salutations?
Traditionally, practicing 108 Sun Salutations is reserved for the change of the seasons (i.e. the Winter and Summer Solstice, and the Spring and Fall Equinox).
There are many benefits to practicing 108 Sun Salutations.
-Sun Salutations heat the body and activate Prana, or upward energy.
- This practices builds an internal heat which is cleansing and detoxifying.
- Connecting breath with movement in a practice like this is meditative, connects the body with the mind and gets you more in touch with your inner being.
- 108 Sun Salutations are physically challenging and are an excellent cardiovascular workout.
- A challenging practice like this can raise emotions and thoughts. You will find opportunities to acknowledge these emotions, let them go and move past them. You will leave with a great feeling of achievement.
What you should know about practicing 108 Sun Salutations:
1. You are stronger then you think. 108 Sun Salutation may seem like a lot. You may not reach them all your first time. Regardless of how many you achieve, you will be surprised in your strength and surprised about how many Sun Salutations you can complete. This is an opportunity to acknowledge how strong and powerful you actually are.
2. Negative energy does not define you.
Negative energy can be trapped in the body. Sun Salutations can activate stuck energy, help you move through it, and ultimately let go of things that no longer serve you. Releasing negative energy is an important step on the path to happiness, and this practice will show you that you have the power to release anything holding you back.
3. You have the power to shift your perspective
Focusing on positivity as you practice has the power to transform your entire outlook. Once you accomplish 108 Sun Salutations, you may event notice a boost in your overall confidence!
4. You may find grounding amidst any challenge
The repetition of 108 Sun Salutations will provide a sense of grounding in your body, mind and spirit. Practicing 108 Sun Salutations is definitely challenging, and you will find a sense of clarity, emotional stability and fortitude.
5. You will discover your inner drive
This experience may be different from person-to-person. You may see emotions and sensations arise that you never knew existed (or thought were long gone). You may learn what inspires you to flow or even how your dedication can cultivate confidence. Throughout this practice, you will continue to witness your incredible drive, determination and motivation.
6. You will have more energy afterwards
You will feel an increase in energy once you complete your Sun Salutations because they generate Prana. Afterward, you may find yourself feeling more energized, more alert, and empowered overall. This is a practice in vitality. You may give your practice a lot of effort and leave with more energy then you arrived with.
108 Sun Salutations will be followed by:
-A brief workshop explaining how to create a mantra and meditate with 108 Mala beads (optional)
-A reception (optional)
-Product raffle (optional)
You will receive a mala bead necklace with your admission!
- References and additional reading material on 108 Sun Salutations: